ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Possible new formulation

  • To: "'Bertrand de La Chapelle'" <bdelachapelle@xxxxxxxxx>, <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Possible new formulation
  • From: "Janis Karklins" <janis.karklins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:30:43 +0200

Bertrand,

I am not so sure that it is the best formulation. I would prefer not to have it
at all, because ICANN is technical body and this is meant to try to resolve
political issues.

If majority consider that something similar is necessary, I would suggest think
in the following direction:

Territories using the same script may, if they wish so, to consult each other
on the string selection or the establishment of language tables.

Best

JK

  _____