ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

RE: RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Edits to Principle E

  • To: <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Edits to Principle E
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:48:59 +0800

It should have said "relevant stakeholders within the territory".  The
wording was taken directly from the current wording.

So:

======================================

Delegation of an IDN ccTLD should only be possible in the Fast Track where
the designation of the selected delegate is non-contentious within the
territory. This should be evidenced by the support/endorsement of the
relevant stakeholders in the territory for the selected delegate. The IDN
ccTLD string proposed should be non-contentious within the territory, and
should be non-contentious for the security and stability of the Internet.
This should be evidenced by the support/endorsement of the relevant
stakeholders within the territory that the selected string is a meaningful
representation of the name of the territory and that the security and the
stability for the Internet community is maintained.

======================================

Again, I do not think anyone is suggesting that the 2 committees cannot do
the job, but that is the suggested process.  We should, in our guiding
principles specify the importance of maintaining the security and stability
of the Internet.  That is a critical criteria as setup in the IDNC WG
Charter.

The reason I think it works well within this principle is because the TLD
string is an important consideration of the issue, also, it fits best within
this principle rather than the others.

I would be quite surprised if we cannot agree to add this as a guiding
principle.

Edmon