ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Edits to Principle E

  • To: "Cary Karp" <ck@nic.museum>, <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Edits to Principle E
  • From: "Manal Ismail" <manal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:36:40 +0300

I never meant that both committees are to cover everything that is related to
security and stability .. My understanding is:

1. we never compiled a complete list of issues that need to be considered
2. we expect things to emerge and that's why it is mentioned in the report that
the fast track is experimental in nature .. in the sense that things may arise
and should be solved as we go ..
3. fast track is not expected to solve everything, it is rather a quick start
where we are just need to make sure that, as we proceed, we proceed in a right
agreed direction

Please correct me if I'm wrong ..

I also fully agree with you that 5 experts will never be aware of all
languages, nor 6 nor 7 and I cannot think of a specific number who may .. yet I
understand that those experts should be able also to seek help, advice, or
consultation from other more specialized experts according to the
language/script of the proposed IDN ccTLD ..

So may be I was not clear in my first message .. my point is, are there any
pressing security and stability issues that need to be addressed at this stage
and are not covered .. if the answer is yes, and there are issues we already
know of (and examples here are most welcome), that are not addressed and need
to be addressed at this stage, then the suggested re-wording is not solving the
problem .. If the suggestion is just to stress on the importance of security
and stability then, as I tried to explain in my previous message, I think
having it as an overarching requirement better serves this objective ..

I hope this helps to better clarify my point of view ..

--Manal