ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

[ccnso-idncctld] Redlined version draft Final Report version 2

  • To: "ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx" <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ccnso-idncctld] Redlined version draft Final Report version 2
  • From: Bart Boswinkel <bart.boswinkel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 11:13:44 -0700

Dear all,
I already apologise in advance as  you will probably receive the new draft
Final Report three times.  However to be sure you receive it, I'll now send you
a redlined version and clean version in separate emails.

Major changes:
RFI process included:
Wording on common script use and selection of string included. Note I've
separated the suggested wording. Cooperation with regard to defining language
tables is directly derived form the IDN guidelines (as indicated in the
previous version of the document). Added language as suggested by Janis;
Definitions (non-latin script, IDNA 2003 and IDNA 2008, and meaningfulness have
been updated;
Alternative views ( minority positions in terminology of  charter)  are
included.

The clean version of the document will be published on the ccNSO website with a
reference to it from the home page and the IDN page. It has been send to the
chairs of the GAC, GNSO and ALAC with request to distribute it. ccTLD managers
have received it directly.
Kind regards,
Bart