ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[ccnso-idncctld]

RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Version 4

  • To: <ccnso-idncctld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ccnso-idncctld] Version 4
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:53:44 +0800

I believe we discussed and agreed on Saturday to add a section describing
the overarching requirements of security and stability as well as compliance
with IDNA protocols and the IDN Guidelines.  It doesn't seem to have been
included yet in this draft.  Perhaps allow me to draft something for
consideration to be inserted into the Executive Summary before the "The
Methodology:" or between the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs:

Overarching Requirements:

Fast Track IDN ccTLDs must be introduced in a manner that ensures the
continued security and stability of the Internet.  Fast Track IDN ccTLDs
must continue to maintain compliance with the IDNA protocols and adhere to
the ICANN IDN Guidelines.

Edmon