[ccnso-idncctld]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [ccnso-idncctld] Final draft Final Report IDNC WG

• To: Bart Boswinkel <bart.boswinkel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ccnso-idncctld] Final draft Final Report IDNC WG
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 09:37:42 +0200

On 24 jun 2008, at 01.14, Bart Boswinkel wrote:

Dear all,
Included is the final draft (with track changes and clean). This draft is the final draft. It is for discussion by the GAC and the ccNSO.

I suggest that the IDNC WG will meet on Thursday morning at 8 am to have its final meeting to endorse the Final Report.

This is ok, but not that the large IDNA presentation / discussion that is essential for this document has a session that start at 9AM.

Patrik

I’ll send out a final version for approval by the IDNC WG Wednesday evening. This version is for submission to the Board on Thursday. I’ll also arrange a room for the meeting and let you know where the meeting can take place.

Changes:
This version includes some changes to wording as suggested by Bertrand. It does not include his suggested change of the re- evaluation recommendation. Reason is that in some cases the delegation process can take quite some time. It also does not include include his suggested change of “ evaluated candidate string” as this would introduce a new concept.

In accordance with the suggestion of Cary the description of non- Latin is changed.

In order to avoid confusion with existing ccTLD,, for example the .PY issue ( the homographic issue), one more technical requirement has been added. Also included is a new statement that the technical criteria may need to be updated to comply with the IDNA 2008 protocol, when the review of IDNA protocol is concluded.This update is considered to be a matter of implementation.

Finally, next to UNESCO, the ICC and the WTO are included as examples of entities that could authenticate the meaning of the selected string.

This report will be published on the ICANN website and forwarded to the GAC and the ccNSO.
Kind regards,
Bart
<final draft final report (clean) .doc><final draft final report (redline) .doc>

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy