ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[cctld-sunset-comments]

Re: Retiring ccTLD's - observations/notes on .TP

  • To: mmaguire@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Retiring ccTLD's - observations/notes on .TP
  • From: Garth Miller <garth.miller@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 05:01:54 +0700

Martin, thanks for the background and comments.

Kim - as Martin has indicated all parties involved are working are in agreement that .TP should be phased out in favour of .TL out and are working responsibly towards that end.

On a go-forward basis the only vexing issue I see it is to designate a suitable Sponsoring Organisation and Admin while the .TP domain is phased out over the next two + years, it could simply be placed in a sort of "IANA Escrow" with Connect continuing as the Technical Contact would be my suggestion. Since many of the active users are in Timor Leste the existing scheme whereby .TL policy is applied to .TP domains seems reasonable, or Connect and IANA could use the UDRP for .TP.

Cheers,

Garth