ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-atrt2-recommendations-09jan14]

ICAAN complaint procedures

  • To: comments-atrt2-recommendations-09jan14@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICAAN complaint procedures
  • From: Mark Pedersen <mpeder21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 13:30:08 -0500

As an Internet user, I am very disappointed that ICAAN has not reliably
enforced the requirement that domain registrars provide accurate
information.

I have made a complaint to ICAAN, and when that complaint was not acted
on, I contacted the ICAAN Ombudsman. The Ombudsman dismissed my
complaint without investigation. His report detailed only that he read
my complaint, and many others, and did nothing to determine whether the
inaccurate information in the WhoIs database was corrected.

Mark Pedersen
United States