ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-atrt2-recommendations-21oct13]

Who represents the concerns of internet users?

  • To: comments-atrt2-recommendations-21oct13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Who represents the concerns of internet users?
  • From: "P. Bouster" <PBo1@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 20:24:42 +0100

Provided the large amount of factual and precise data provided to the ombudsman
by Garth Bruen on behalf of many internet users like me, it is very
disappointing to see that his answer does not address the issues and does not
provide data or references that can be verified.

Rogue registrars are the doors through which all sorts of illegal businesses
enter internet, which have been a plague to internet users for years and
refrain many from using it. Rogue registrars exist because ICANN does not
enforce their obligations to them. Why?

Whether ICANN can't or won't doesn't matter, if it doesn't do its job, let it
be terminated and replaced by a more competent entity.

ICANN including its CEO have not answered the issues submitted before. The
Ombudsman being part of ICANN, it would have been surprising if he could have
changed things. The role of the Ombudsman needs to be reviewed because he does
not represent the concerns of the Internet user.

I fully support the comments provided by Garth Bruen listed here:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-atrt2-recommendations-21oct13/msg00009.html";

Regards.
P. Bouster