ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-base-agreement-29apr13]

Comments on ICANN registry agreement

  • To: "comments-base-agreement-29apr13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-base-agreement-29apr13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Comments on ICANN registry agreement
  • From: "Rawkins, Jason" <J.Rawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 18:07:23 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam

I submit the following comments for ICANN's consideration:

1. The current definition of "Affiliate" in Article 2.9(c) is not broad enough
to cover all forms of group structures. I therefore propose the amended wording
set out in the first attachment to this email.

2. The current wording in Article 7.5(f)(iii) is not broad enough to cover all
forms of group structures. I therefore propose the amended wording set out in
the second attachment to this email.

3. There is an apparent inconsistency between paragraphs 6(i) and 6(ii) of
Specification 9. I therefore propose the amended wording set out in the third
attachment to this email.

I believe that all three of the proposed amendments are in line with the intent
and spirit of the provisions in question.

Yours faithfully

Jason Rawkins

www.taylorwessing.com<http://www.taylorwessing.com>

Follow us on www.twitter.com/taylorwessing

Europe > Middle East > Asia

Technology, Media and Brands > Life Sciences and Healthcare > Energy and
Environment > Real Estate and Infrastructure > Financial Institutions and
Services

Taylor Wessing LLP has the International Standard in Environmental Management
ISO14001 certification

TAYLOR WESSING LLP
5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3TW                        Tel +44 (0)20 7300
7000                         Fax +44 (0)20 7300 7100
Website www.taylorwessing.com

Taylor Wessing LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and
Wales, registered number OC322935. A list of members is available for
inspection at our registered office: 5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3TW.
Any reference to a partner in relation to Taylor Wessing LLP is to a member of
Taylor Wessing LLP. Taylor Wessing LLP is authorised and regulated by the
Solicitors Regulation Authority.

Taylor Wessing is a trading name for a number of distinct legal entities that
operate in combination.

This email is confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are
not the intended recipient, please do not copy or disclose its content but
contact the sender immediately upon receipt.