ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-bylaws-amend-compensation-02may14]

Board Compensation

  • To: "comments-bylaws-amend-compensation-02may14@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-bylaws-amend-compensation-02may14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Board Compensation
  • From: Michele Neylon - Blacknight <michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:15:42 +0000

Thank you for putting this out for public comment.

I am submitting this comment in my personal capacity.

The report / presentation about board compensation across a variety of
different organisations, as well as the time commitments made by board members
is very useful and enlightening.

It only seems reasonable that board members are compensated for their time and
effort.
A lack of compensation, as has been argued in the past when the initial topic
of compensation came up, can lead to many able candidates for board positions
being unable to apply for a role.
In the case of the liaisons who bring specific subject matter expertise to the
board compensation should be available.

It would also be helpful to understand why the GAC representative is excluded
from this ie. Provide some rationale

Regards

Michele

--