ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-bylaws-amend-gac-advice-15aug14]

I disagree with the proposed change

  • To: "comments-bylaws-amend-gac-advice-15aug14@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-bylaws-amend-gac-advice-15aug14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I disagree with the proposed change
  • From: "Ritchie, Dennis" <dritchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:01:13 +0000

The governments around the world have, over the past 60 years, steadily
increased their share in the decision making process.
Even in individual countries, decisions made by the citizens of those countries
are regularly trampled upon by their “elected” government officials.
Allowing a virtually anonymous group of “governments” to have virtual Veto
power over anything that the world populace paid (and is paying) for is
unacceptable.
Don’t allow the governments say that they paid for this, they have no money,
all the money they get, they print, we, the population earn the money, they
(the governments) take it from us.

Are the meetings of the GAC going to be public? Imagine all the secret treaties
that the governments around the world have made. How many of them were for the
better of their populaces?

It should not even require a 51% to override (why do you have to override a
“suggestion” from the GAC anyway?) it should only require a 40% vote.
If 40% of the governing board believes that something coming from the GAC is
bad that’s good enough for me.

Thank You

Dennis Ritchie
IT
dritchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:dritchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
847.485.3608 Direct  |  847.303.0022 Main  |  847.303.0397 Fax

MTC Performance
1827 Walden Office Square, Suite 200
Schaumburg, IL 60173
MTCPerformance   |   spiffs․com