ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

"Closed Domain" names shoudl NEVER happen

  • To: "comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: "Closed Domain" names shoudl NEVER happen
  • From: Levis Veilleux <levis@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:53:16 +0000

  *   We support an Internet that is open and focused and has room for the
security and alarm industry.
  *   Generic words cannot and should not be owned for the exclusive use of one
company.
  *   A closed generic domain is not in the public interest.
  *   If ICANN permits any company to possess a "closed domain" - including
Symantec (a computer company) to use ".security" then the security and alarm
industry could be lost.
  *   Closed use of ".security" is not similar to the way ".com," ".net" and
".org" are used on the Internet daily.
  *   Therefore, we believe a closed generic application for ".security" is
anticompetitive and we request that ICANN require applicants for closed generic
TLDs to either open the TLD or withdraw for a full refund.

Regards,

Levis Veilleux, CET
Senior Project Manager/Estimator
[HElogo]
Houle Electric Limited - Security Division
5050 North Fraser Way - Burnaby, BC V5J 0H1
Office: 604.434.2681
Fax: 604.434.0480
Direct: 604.456.2376
Mobile: 604.345.5382
Email: levis@xxxxxxxx<mailto:levis@xxxxxxxx>

Visit us on the web at: www.houle.ca<http://www.houle.ca/>

The content of this email is the confidential property of Stantec and should
not be copied, modified, retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with
Houle's written authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete all copies and notify us immediately.

GIF image