ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

Closed Generic Domains

  • To: comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Closed Generic Domains
  • From: safehomesecurity <safehomesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:38:36 -0400

"closed generic" domains should not be permitted."

We support an Internet that is open and focused and has room for the
security and alarm industry.

*       Generic words cannot and should not be owned for the exclusive use
of one company.
*       A closed generic domain is not in the public interest.
*       If ICANN permits any company to possess a "closed domain" -
including Symantec (a computer company) to use ".security" then the security
and alarm industry could be lost.
*       Closed use of ".security" is not similar to the way ".com," ".net"
and ".org" are used on the Internet daily.
*       Therefore, we believe a closed generic application for ".security"
is anticompetitive and we request that ICANN require applicants for closed
generic TLDs to either open the TLD or withdraw for a full refund.

Thanks,

Safe Home Security  D784

4458 Hwy 332, East LaHave

NS  B4V 0V8