ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

closed generic gTLD

  • To: comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: closed generic gTLD
  • From: Javier López Yáñez <repisolibros@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 14:31:14 +0100

Dear Sirs.

Our bookstore, Repiso Libros, (26 years in the book business) strongly
opposes any applications for a “closed generic” gTLD, especially if
submitted by commercial entities operating in a sector of activity related
to the closed generic gTLD.

In the case of a closed generic gTLD .book, the exclusivity granted to the
winning applicant would de facto strengthen the position of the biggest
bidder to have sole use of the gTLD in the book industry and would
therefore be anti-competitive, discourage innovation and new entrants and
be detrimental to the industry as a whole.

We are therefore asking ICANN not to offer for sale a generic gTLD for
.book and other similar words in general usage.
Yours faithfully

REPISO LIBROS.
c/ Cerrajería 4
41004-Seville
Spain

Javier López Yáñez
Director Gerente
[image: Imágenes integradas 1]
P Antes de imprimir este correo electrónico piense bien si es necesario
hacerlo: El medioambiente es cosa de todos

Windows bitmap