ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

Closed TLD

  • To: "comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Closed TLD
  • From: Mark Lillywhite <Mark.Lillywhite@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 09:07:53 +0000

Matrix42's view is that the proposed closed registry for all gTLDs, is
anti-competitive and will
stifle innovation in the IT market, but most particularly in the IT
Cloud market which is still immature and developing.

We are building our own Cloud IT practices and this will
act as a brake on the development of market opportunities that
we have spent a lot of time and money developing and launching.   Any
generic term or word (such as .CLOUD) should not, in our opinion, be
exclusively available to any one organisation or vendor as it will
create an unfair competitive landscape giving the incorrect impression
that any one vendor is the sole and legitimate provider of Cloud
services - we believe this to be an unfair and biased market position
that can be prevented.

Undoubtedly this same argument can be applied to many other industries
and we strongly urge ICANN to prevent this closed registry being
implemented.

Mark Lillywhite | EMEA North Technical Manager
NEW Office: +44 208 528 1065 | Mobile: +44 7525 238995
Matrix42 UK, 88 Wood Street, 10th & 11th floors, London, EC2V 7RS

[m42logo.gif]<http://www.matrix42.com/>[m42slogan.gif]<http://www.matrix42.com/>
[Seeusat-120x120]<http://www.servicedeskshow.com/>

Connect:  [Blog] <http://blog.matrix42.com/>   [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/#%21/matrix42man>   [Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/Matrix42Page>

The information contained in this E-mail and any attached files are strictly
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, his representative or the person responsible for delivering the
message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or
attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information
therein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by E-mail or telephone and delete this message and all its
attachments subsequently. All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure
no viruses are present in this E-mail.

GIF image

GIF image

JPEG image