ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-closed-generic-05feb13]

ICANN selection process related to gTLD Applications for music-themed TLDs

  • To: comments-closed-generic-05feb13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN selection process related to gTLD Applications for music-themed TLDs
  • From: Rich Bengloff <rich.bengloff@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:13:57 -0500

To Whom It May Concern,

The attached PDF document represents public comment letters from all 14
A2IM board representatives (http://a2im.org), whose labels were elected by
our membership to represent the U.S. Independent label community as well as
additional letters from former A2IM board members and other A2IM members.

Attached are my letter and letters from the chair of WIN, which represents
label creators in over 20 countries (http://www.winformusic.org) and chair
of the Association of Independent Music (AIM) in the U.K. (
http://musicindie.com), Alison Wenham, The Secretary General of the
Independent Music Companies Association (IMPALA), which represents the
European music label community (http://impalamusic.org), Helen Smith, and
the President of Merlin Network, the rights licensing organization (
http://www.merlinnetwork.org), Charles Caldas.

Collectively we represent the worldwide independent music label community
which constitutes “a significant portion of the music community to which
music-themed TLD strings may be explicitly or implicitly targeted” as
outlined in my attached letter. Our thanks for your consideration of our
comments.

Sincerely,
Rich Bengloff

from the desk of...

Rich Bengloff

President

American Association of Independent Music ("A2IM")

***PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW ADDRESS AS OF MARCH 1, 2013***

132 Delancey- Second Floor

New York, New York, 10002

Off 646 962 4877

cell 917 375 1371