ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-com-amendment-30jun16]

No need to raise prices on a government granted monopoly

  • To: comments-com-amendment-30jun16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: No need to raise prices on a government granted monopoly
  • From: Brian Gupta <brian.gupta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 07:56:55 -0400

As a technologist I am aware of the costs involved in running
ecommerce and DNS infrustractures. While running root server
infrastructure is a non-trivial expense, it is more than covered by
the pricing allowed under the historical plan.

I believe a more widespread public discussion is called for at this point.

Thanks,
Brian