ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-gac-safeguard-advice-23apr13]

Minds + Machines comments on GAC Safeguard Advice

  • To: comments-gac-safeguard-advice-23apr13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Minds + Machines comments on GAC Safeguard Advice
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 02:30:45 +0100

Dear ICANN New gTLD Board Committee,

Please find attached our comments on the GAC Advice with regard to safeguards
for new gTLDs.   In sum, while we have pro-actively included the majority of
these safeguards with respect to our own applications, we find that the advice
from the GAC subverts the role of the GNSO in setting policy, is inconsistent
with prior GAC advice, is too vague and open-ended, and threatens the
multi-stakeholder model.

Respectfully,

Antony Van Couvering
CEO, Minds + Machines