ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-gac-safeguard-advice-23apr13]

supporting the GAC Advice and the IPA’s submission

  • To: "'comments-gac-safeguard-advice-23apr13@xxxxxxxxx'" <comments-gac-safeguard-advice-23apr13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: supporting the GAC Advice and the IPA’s submission
  • From: Mathias Lilleengen <Mathias.Lilleengen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:19:31 +0000

The Norwegian Publishers Association urges ICANN to support and implement the
GAC’s advice. We endorse the GAC’s advice with regard to the six general
‘safeguards on new gTLDs’ as well as the further safeguards dealing with
‘sensitive strings’., and we support the GAC’s advice that ‘exclusive registry
access’ for strings representing generic terms ‘should serve a public interest
goal.’

Kind regards,
The Norwegian Publishers Association
Mathias Lilleengen