ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-igo-ingo-crp-access-initial-20jan17]

Comment

  • To: comments-igo-ingo-crp-access-initial-20jan17@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment
  • From: John Pepin <johnpepin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:28:08 +0000

Sirs,

I wish to enter my comment and objection to IGO's being allowed any
rights to domains over and above the existing rights and certainly
they should not have any higher rights than that granted by a properly
registered Trade Mark.

The UDRP was brought into force for legimate reasons but since then it
has been hijacked by those who seek to circumvent fair process and take
property that rightly belongs to those who own such domains legitimately.
Even WIPO said to me that they are seeing UDRP;s filed that should not be
usijg the UDRP process and if it continues in the current vein then no one at
all is going to feel safe building a business on a domain name.

If someone has a properly granted Trade Mark then they should be entitled
to enforce such rights when anyone seeks to abuse/violate such trade mark
right, but that is as far as it shpuld go.

Sincerely

John Pepin