ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-irp-supp-procedures-28nov16]

AFNIC comment on the updated Supplementary Procedures for IRP

  • To: comments-irp-supp-procedures-28nov16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: AFNIC comment on the updated Supplementary Procedures for IRP
  • From: Marianne Georgelin <marianne.georgelin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 15:07:10 +0100 (CET)

Afnic is a registry operator for top-level domains corresponding to the
national territory of France (.fr, .re, .pm, .yt, .wf, .tf). and is also the
backend registry operator for 15 new generic Top Level Domains. Afnic is a
member of CCNSO, Centr, and APTLD.

We welcome this opportunity to share our views on the Supplementary Procedures
for IRP through this public comment and to acknowledge the efforts being
undertaken by the IRP IOT in updating those rules.

We support the comments made by Spain and Swistzerland (through their GAC
Representatives) on the necessity to enhance diversity and to warrant a
level-playing field in the process (with reference to Section 4.3 (l) and
Section 4.3 (j) (iv) of the Bylaws). We agree with their proposal to add to the
Supplementary Procedures the appropriate measures to ensure translation and
interpretation at no charge during the hearings when requested by the claimant.

The procedures should also ensure that parties with less structured legal
ressources have enough time to introduce their claims within the time limit set
forth for the procedure. We believe that the proposed 45 days time limit is too
short to achieve this goal and we therefore agree with the comments supporting
its extension to a 6 month period.

Thank you.

Marianne GEORGELIN
Responsable des Politiques de Registre