ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-irp-supp-procedures-28nov16]

Business Constituency (BC) comment on Supplementary Procedures for IRP

  • To: "comments-irp-supp-procedures-28nov16@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-irp-supp-procedures-28nov16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Business Constituency (BC) comment on Supplementary Procedures for IRP
  • From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:08:42 +0000

The ICANN Business Constituency (BC) submits the attached comment on the
Updated Supplementary Procedures for Independent Review Process (IRP)

(comment page at
https://www.icann.org/public-comments/irp-supp-procedures-2016-11-28-en )

We are grateful for the extra week allowed by the IRP Implementation Oversight
Team (IRP-IOT).

We want to call attention to a key recommendation of the BC, from page 3 of our
attached comment:

In light of these concerns, the BC recommends that the IRP-IOT impose a
moratorium on imposing any time limits related to bringing forth an IRP until
further studies can be conducted by the ICANN community to assess the potential
impacts of such time limits.

This comment was drafted by Jay Sudowski, with edits by Phil Corwin, Chris
Wilson, Marie Pattullo, and Steve DelBianco.

It was approved in accord with the BC Charter.

—
Steve DelBianco
Vice chair for policy coordination
ICANN Business Constituency