ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-name-collision-05aug13]

Public comment by eco e.V. "Names and Numbers" forum

  • To: comments-name-collision-05aug13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Public comment by eco e.V. "Names and Numbers" forum
  • From: Klaus Landefeld <klaus.landefeld@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 21:28:49 +0200

To whom it may concern,

please find attached our independent study as an additional source of
information with regards to the deployment of new gTLD name stings.

eco Verband der deutschen Internetwirtschaft e.V. is one of the leading
Internet Industry Associations, with a highly diverse membership of
some 700 member organizations originating from over 60 countries
worldwide. These include ISPs, Registries, Registrars and new gTLD
applicants.

eco’s division dealing with topics related to the domain industry,
the eco Names and Numbers Forum, has learned of the study prepared
by Interisle Consulting Group concerning the deployment of new public
gTLD labels and expressed an interest in its content.

With the attached analysis, we would like to provide another source of
information on the problems or the lack thereof that might go along
with the introduction of new gTLDs. We want to offer information from
an ISP perspective and not provide a recommendation on what to do with
the results.

However, we thought it would be useful to have more data available when
determining how to proceed.

Respectfully submitted,

Klaus Landefeld
MoB Infrastructure and Networks
eco Verband der deutschen Internetwirtschaft e.V.