ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-08sep15]

New gTLD Auction Proceeds

  • To: "comments-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-08sep15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-08sep15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New gTLD Auction Proceeds
  • From: Donna Austin <Donna.Austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 01:14:34 +0000

These comments are submitted on behalf of Neustar:

Neustar supports comments submitted by the DNA on the New gTLD Auction Proceeds
Discussion Paper.

Neustar agrees that it is important that the funds generated through the ICANN
auction of last resort must be treated as an exceptional, one-time resource of
revenue.

Further, we agree that it is important that the auction proceeds be used in a
manner that directly supports ICANN’s mission and mandate “coordinate, at the
overall level, the global Internet's systems of unique identifiers, and in
particular to ensure the stable and secure operation of the Internet's unique
identifier systems.”

In this context we concur with the DNA recommendation that the working group
considers the following applications:
- Consumer awareness and education efforts on the introduction of new gTLDs and
how domain names fit into the              Internet landscape;
- Studies to better understand how users engage with the Domain Name System, to
inform future ICANN policy work;
 -Work related to the universal acceptance of new gTLDs, particularly IDN TLDs;
and
- Work to support a healthy domain name ecosystem by funding industry¬ led best
practices initiatives on issues such malicious conduct and security.

Regards

Donna

Donna Austin: Neustar, Inc.
Policy and Industry Affairs Manager
Cell: +1.310.890.9655 Email: donna.austin@xxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify me immediately and delete the original message.
Follow Neustar:    Facebook    LinkedIn    Twitter
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.