ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-new-gtld-auction-rules-16dec13]

MacPaw: Dot App Auction Comments

  • To: comments-new-gtld-auction-rules-16dec13@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: MacPaw: Dot App Auction Comments
  • From: Liz Williams <lizawilliams@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:49:11 +0100

We wish to provide some further improvements to the way in which it is proposed
to run the ICANN last resort auctions.   We would like to adjust the time
periods within which payments must be made by a winning applicant.  We propose
to leave the under $1million payment to the proposed 20 days.   We then suggest
a sliding scale of payments for a $1-5million bid to 30 days; a $5-10 million
bid to 45 days and a $10 million and over bid to sixty days.

This will help introduce a more level playing field for smaller applicants to
not only raise the right level of monetary support but to also manage cash flow
for applicants in very popular contention sets for which the auction costs
could be very high.

We would also suggest a pre-negotiating phase to ensure that a private solution
cannot be reached before forcing applicants to the ICANN auction.

Valeriy Kosovan & Oleksandr Kosovan
DotApp Inc