ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS privacy changes

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS privacy changes
  • From: Antony Johnston <antony.johnston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 19:45:40 +0100

Hi there,

I oppose the proposed changes to WHOIS privacy.

I'm in entertainment, and run the business —including websites — from
my house. I don't want just anyone to be able to find my home address
simply by abusing these new rules.

You must surely be aware of the possibilities of abuse, especially as
it pertains to public figures like myself. Domain privacy gives me
peace of mind that my details are kept private, especially from
potential abusers.

Please reconsider this change. It will have enormous secondary
consequences, adversely affecting many people.

--
Antony Johnston
antonyjohnston.com