ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please do not remove the privacy option for domain registration...

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please do not remove the privacy option for domain registration...
  • From: GPG <george@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:41:03 -0400

I have MANY domain names and do not use the privacy option…

But, I STRONGLY recommend not to remove the privacy option for domain name
registration.

Reasons:
People who have been abused, are able to make their voices heard without having
abusers hunt them down to their door step.
People who have voices of concern regarding any number of reasons against
corporations, gov, lack of public services, education, witnesses to crime…
etc...
People who educate the public that may upset established business models… such
as people who provide art lessons, video lessons, cooking lessons, writing
lessons or any other number of topics of education that people can find online
for FREE by the goodwill of actual experienced craftspeople, as opposed to
spending thousands of dollars to go to a school.
People who deliver unrestricted information, such as the NEWS, that big
organization NEWS SERVICES, who are owned by big corporations and that have a
vested interest NOT TO inform the public.
Public Domain content, distributed to further educate and inform our society
and build our creative spirit as a whole.
Unfiltered unique Entertainment that may gather more interest than
multi-million dollar productions
The write to anonymously mail information of any kind without your privacy
being disturbed…. Having a privately own domain site that passes on information
is no different that writing a letter and mailing it out… It is illegal to have
your mail intercepted without an order by the courts.
Simply put, NO ONE ARGUES A PERSONS RIGHT TO HAVE THEIR PHONE NUMBER UNLISTED…
the privacy registration of the domain name is no different.

If someone has a problem with a domain site… THEN they can easily go before the
courts and apply to have the privacy information revealed.

WITHOUT THE COURTS CHECKING THE VALIDITY OF THE REQUEST TO UNLOCK THE PRIVACY
INFORMATION… we will have un-checked abuse of the entire system.

These few reasons out weigh the argument of removing the privacy option from
domain name registrations.

Anyone can ALREADY get the privacy information of a domain site… as long as
they PROVE themselves in court.

Sincerely,

George Peter Gatsis
CEO / Executive Producer