ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Concerning WHOIS lookups...

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Concerning WHOIS lookups...
  • From: Joel Bennett <joel.bennett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:26:12 -0600

To whom it may concern:

Recently proposed changes to rules regarding WHOIS lookups have recently come
to my attention.  As someone who is in the process of starting a small
business, I'd rather not have my personal home address available to anyone on
the web.  The proposed changes which ban proxy registration services would no
longer make this possible, and could be outright potentially dangerous -
exposing me and my family to things such as swatting attacks.

Don't bend over to the music/movie industry requests.  If you do, you'll
potentially be putting me and my family at risk of physical harm.

- Joel