ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS Privacy
  • From: Cory Petkovsek <cory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:52:45 -0600

ICANN - In regards to the proposed rules over WHOIS privacy services
(Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document),

I urge you to respect internet user's right to privacy and due process.

This is a constitutionally protected right (Amendments 9 & 10 - all rights
not granted to the government are retained by the states and people. We
have not granted the right to government or ICANN to violate our privacy,
thus we all retain the right of privacy.)

No individual's or business information should be revealed without due
process and a court order, regardless of if the request comes from
individuals or law enforcement.

Thank you.

Cory Petkovsek