ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Protect the citizens' right to privacy and safety

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Protect the citizens' right to privacy and safety
  • From: "E.M. Henriksson" <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 00:34:09 +0200

I urge you to respect Internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
Everyone deserves the right to privacy and make own choices about what info to
divulge or not. We all have different circumstances we live under and need to
take into consideration. Certainly there are cases when private information
rightly should be divulged, but that should only be in the case of suspected
criminal behaviour and only through a court order in accordance with due
process. Neither private individuals, big business or law enforcement agencies
should be able to retrieve information about individuals without their approval
or without a legal process.

This proposal if accepted could also lead to increased risk of certain types of
crime being committed, not less.

I hope you will be responsible and protect the netizens of the world.

Sincerely,
E.M. Henriksson