ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy and proposed change

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Privacy and proposed change
  • From: "Kat Slonaker" <mskatslonaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:19:53 -0400

To Whom It May Concern,

Let me add my voice to those concerned about the proposed re-definition of
the a "commercial entity" versus private domain use.  It is already far too
easy for those bent on mischief to attack individuals with whom they
disagree and I would really prefer to maintain the (admittedly thin) layer
of protection provided by a proxy registration service.   Because seemingly
innocuous statements can evoke raging action - thanks to the wide reach of
the internet - there needs to be at least legal layer by way of protection.
The argument that these ought not be on "commercial" sites is invalid
because of the broad stroke way in which that is defined.  If I put up a
site via a 'free' service and therefore have ads running, it - and hundreds
of thousand personal blogs/sites - become "commercial.

If there is a genuine dispute over copyright or another matter, the owner IS
findable via legal channels - but not at the raging whim of a troll.

Thank you