ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Opposition to "Coalition for Online Accountability"

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Opposition to "Coalition for Online Accountability"
  • From: Jeffrey LaLone <jeffrey.lalone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:40:47 -0400

To whom it may concern,

I must voice my objection to the proposal from the "Coalition for Online
Accountability." By having WHOIS information immediately available to
everyone (rather than compelling a proxy to provide it on an as-needed
basis) will destroy the privacy of domain owners. Even if it does help
combat copyright infringement (of which I am doubtful), this is too
invasive a measure to subject the entire Internet to.

Regards,

Jeffrey LaLone