ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Re: Don't ban whois proxies

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Don't ban whois proxies
  • From: Matt Stringer <matthewstringer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:16:46 +0000 (UTC)

As a computing professional and long time netizen, I urge you in the strongest
terms not to cave to the entertainment industry's misguided attempt to ban
WHOIS proxies. It will do nothing to inhibit piracy, and a great deal of harm
to domain holders with legitimate reasons to stay anonymous.

     On Friday, June 26, 2015 7:05 PM, Matt Stringer
 As a computing professional and long time netizen, I urge you in the strongest
terms not to cave to the entertainment industry's misguided attempt to ban
WHOIS proxies. It will do nothing to inhibit piracy, and a great deal of harm
to domain holders with legitimate reasons to stay anonymous.
Matt StringerWooster, OH, USA