ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy matters

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Privacy matters
  • From: Yavor Stefanov <heth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 02:05:36 +0300

Dear ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

Privacy is not something to take lightly. You cannot just expose home addresses of millions of people around the world. They have families. They have a right for privacy. They are real people. The internet is huge, and everything is DB indexable and searchable. Think twice. Remember why we fight for our freedom.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

--
Regards,
Yavor Stefanov