ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy rule proposal

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Privacy rule proposal
  • From: Carol Keen <carol.e.keen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 00:13:46 -0500

Dear ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves privacy. It's one of our rights!
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

- This would put countless users and small Internet home businesses at
risk, causing many to go under from having the safety of their homes and
privacy breached.

I pay extra, and I don't mind that, just to keep my address from public
availability. I have valid and important reasons for restricting my
information. There are ill-intentioned people in the world who I do not
wish to show up at my place of business/residence without a valid, court
ordered reason.

Please do not make this change. It will only harm all of us who are law
abiding citizens to start with, and drastically increase identity theft.

Sincerely,

Carol Keen

--

----

Never doubt in the darkness what God has shown you in the light. - Amish
Proverb

Mercy and truth have met together; Righteousness and peace have kissed.
Psalm 85:10