ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Keep WHOIS data private

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Keep WHOIS data private
  • From: David Udelson <dru5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:23:02 -0400

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing in objection to the proposed rules governing companies that
provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy
Services Accreditation Issues Policy document). As the owner and
administrator of a small website, I worry about the ramifications of having
my contact information publicly available on the internet under the
proposed changes. Information such as my phone number and address ought to
be private and I should not have to expose them without a court order.
Please consider the rights of small business owners and individuals when
making this important decision.