ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

We Need Proxy Registration for Protection in real life

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: We Need Proxy Registration for Protection in real life
  • From: Bryan <alzorath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:17:14 -0500

The need for proxy registration for small businesses, creative individuals,
etc. is a real issue. This is necessary to protect web based creative
individuals and businesses with commercial interests to marginalize the
frequency of situations involving Doxing, Swatting, and a plethora of other
situations that not only put innocent individuals in harm's way, but also
cost both individuals, businesses, and the government money and time (and
in some cases, such as "Swatting" put the very lives of individuals at
risk).

Please reconsider, and retain Proxy Registration services.

Before trying to remove protections online, please consider what those
protections are there for, and understand the scope of dangers people are
exposed to by the removal of these protections.

Signed,
One of the people protected by Proxy Registration,
Bryan Beard (an online entertainer)