ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN Privacy Stance

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN Privacy Stance
  • From: Rafael Hernandez <loboknight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 20:26:11 +0000

Today I read a news story on ICANN is mulling over privacy on domain registrations. http://www.pcworld.com/article/2940592/proposal-to-limit-anonymized-domain-registration-ignites-furor.html

My opinion is to keep the privacy policy as is. I ask to not change the current policy. It will deter many people from making new websites. It will make me think about not renewing my current domains in the next renewal or abandon them.

One group of Men that I support is the MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) Group movement. Many of the MGTOW YouTube channels like to keep themselves anonymous because feminist groups target MGTOW members in the community. In addition to doxing members on social media. Doxxing is when people reveal other peoples personal information like where they live and etc.

Think of online harassment. I would have to find ways to keep my personal domain info away from the general public. Such as maybe having to pay extra to get a UPS Mailbox/PO BOX and register my domain information to that address over my home address. I have no problem with lawyers/law enforcement using the court systems to get peoples information for law suits or legal prosecution. As long its within the law.

I already had a blog that I had to remove this year because a few people were harassing me and stalking me. I never spoke ill other than my opinion on how great things have been going on my life. One of the stalkers knows my home address, due to being an old friend now former. But other people that I use to associate are stalking/harrasing me at my physical address. Potentially putting my family members in harms way. No Thank You.

Most MPAA lawsuits that target illegal file sharers and etc use the peoples IP address to get information through a subpoena through their ISP to reveal who are doing illegal activites while online. We already have a way for people to find out via IP address. By removing privacy it will hurt business, and deter me from renewing with my current host. With adding another cost of renting out a mailbox for this.

If there are credit card scams the FBI can get the information and they have targeted fraudulent websites by taking them over. One great example is when megaupload got seized by FBI. Why the need to make my information public. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to show favoritism to big corporations and making it difficult for us regular folks.

-Respectfully
Rafael Hernandez