ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Very bad idea

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Very bad idea
  • From: John Ryan <jaquesryan@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 05:33:25 +0000 (GMT)

Privacy &amp; Proxy Services published on May 5 2015.<br><br>The limitations on
privacy rights contemplated in this document are a great worry.<br><br>Please
think for a minute why this is such a bad idea in our age of vicious and
dangerous internet trolling. Just imagine the consequences if an innocent
person were harmed by a nutcase using data obtained as a result of this
proposed withdrawal from privacy protection.<br><br>Legitimate enquiries made
for commercial reasons, e.g. alleged copyright infringement, are easily granted
court orders requiring the release of private information under current