ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Adam <adam@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:48:59 +0100

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I have a couple of domains (non-commercial, but I may well turn them into
commercial entities) and whilst I am quite happy for a lot of people to
have my home address and phone number there are far too many nutcases
online that harass and bully people via Twitter, abuse them on YouTube and
end up sending pizzas to their house and stalking in them in real life.
This stuff happens all the time, and opening myself up for this sort of
attention by posting my address online for all to see is not appealing.

I am demonstrating good faith by supplying you with my contact details and
have already done so via namecheap's whois protection services; this
enables law enforcement bodies to investigate my website and my learn my
physical address should the need arise, without giving it out to every
idiot with an inferiority complex sat in their parents' attic.

I do not understand the need for your suggested amendments and strongly
urge that you do not change the current system that protects my identity
from the general public but supplies it for government usage.

Thank you for your attention,

Adam Piper