ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Allan Sharp <aws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 18:33:25 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I think it would be a major violation of privacy rights to provide WHOIS information to any individual, group or government agency without a court order simply because they have requested it. Privacy is a human right. Please help us keep it that way. Thank you.

Allan Sharp