ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Tony White Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - Tony White Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Tony White <tony@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 23:17:15 +1000

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency.

- I foresee a major increase in directed spam and no-one needs that.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

--
best wishes
  Tony White

Yea Computing Services
http://www.ycs.com.au
4 The Crescent
Yea
Victoria
Australia 3717

Telephone No's
VIC : 03 9008 5614
FAX : 03 9008 5610 (FAX2Email)

Be aware: All calls to and from YCS landlines and mobiles are recorded

IMPORTANT NOTICE

This communication including any file attachments is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering
this communication to the intended recipient, please immediately notify
the sender by email and delete the original transmission and its
contents. Any unauthorised use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this communication including file attachments is prohibited.
It is your responsibility to scan this communication including any file
attachments for viruses and other defects. To the extent permitted by
law, Yea Computing Services and its associates will not be liable for
any loss or damage arising in any way from this communication including
any file attachments.
You may not disclose this information to a third party without written
permission from the Author.