ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - William Murray Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN - William Murray Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Bill Murray <billamurray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:04:24 -0700

Dear ICANN,

I own more than 125 domains and there are many which I do not wish to share
my personal information.

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

I urge you to PLEASE respect internet users' rights to privacy and due
process.
Everyone deserves the right to privacy.

No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order.
Private information should be kept private.

Please consider how this would impact your own lives if your home and
private information is now made commercially available to predatory call
centers who want nothing more than to spam you (penalize you) for doing
business within ICANN.

THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS THREAT TO ALL OF THE GREAT WORK YOU ARE DOING.

Once again, please don't make my private information available.   Regarding
spammers and others who are abusing the system - I urge you to take other
measures rather than this broad sweeping change that would impact your
lives and mine.

Thanks very much for reading this,

William Murray