ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS Privacy
  • From: Philip Renich <write@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 06:10:32 +1200

Dear ICANN,

Please do not force domain providers to give up our privacy of WHOIS information. I see very little upsides to allowing this information to be public and SO MANY DOWNSIDES! I know several minority people and marginalized people who would have their safety put at risk were this information to become public. We know that lately online harassment and abuse has gotten worse, especially for women, non-heterosexual non-cis-gendered, and people of color. It is absolutely imperative that privacy remains intact for all of us, but especially them.

Do not restrict domain providers from maintaining our privacy!

Thank you
Philip