ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICANN privacy
  • From: Jason Gladish <random.numbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:50:50 -0400

Hello,

Please preserve privacy by continuing to allow WHOIS protection. As an
owner of a small business it is critical for my safety and happiness to
know that my address isn't publicly accessible in such an easy to read and
parse format. I'm in the software business and I know how easy it would be
to collect everyone's WHOIS address. Please don't let this be the case.

Small business is critical to industry and development, instead of adding
barriers we should be removing as many as possible. Forcing small
businesses, especially software businesses, to give up personal private
information is a barrier to small business that should not be allowed.

Thank you for your time,
Jason Gladish