ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Myles Crawford Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Myles Crawford Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Myles Crawford <m.a.crawford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 21:51:06 +0000

To whom it may concern at ICANN,

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private, and such a reputable organisation
as yourselves should be ensuring that this is followed through, with no
questions asked.

I personally ask you to seriously rethink this.

Thank you for your time.