ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Privacy
  • From: Nathan Andersen <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 16:28:30 -0600

I am writing to urge you to help all internet users maintain their privacy.
Forcing domain owners to reveal their personal information will undoubtedly
lead to a massive increase in cyber bullying as well as scams. I am sure
you are well aware of "Domain Registry of America" and their practices of
sending official looking notices to the owners of expiring domains, often
tricking those that are less technically inclined into paying higher prices
for their domains because they do not realize they have another choice.
Such practices and more would surely increase and cause yet another layer
of confusion to the many individuals that are trying to modernize their
businesses by getting online. This does not even consider the environmental
concerns surrounding the increase in junk mail these changes would cause.

Please, keep the internet safe. Keep domain registrations private.