ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Tyler Tan Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Tyler Tan Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Taylor Tabb <keeboby@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 22:43:43 -0700

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process, not
just because it makes sense, but because it's part of what makes the internet
so magically important to innovation and progress.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.