ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please protect my privacy

  • To: <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please protect my privacy
  • From: Kevin Laws <klaws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 09:18:09 -0700 (PDT)

When I purchased a domain recently, the seller automatically put my name and
contact information on the domain when they transferred it to me.

I managed to change it in about 2 days, but it was too late. I got slammed with
a pile of email solicitations, calls, letters in the mail ranging from
solicitations to buy other domains (I’m not in the business, it was just a
personal domain!) to scams claiming I had to pay people to register a domain.

Please do not overturn my ability to put privacy in place over the domains. I
value that immensely. Without it, every owner of a domain becomes a constant
target of spam & scams.

Kevin Laws